1. Display the award on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who awarded you
3. Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
5. Write seven interesting things about you.
DRAGON’S LOYALTY AWARD!
Nominated by Megan of Invisible World!–Thank you! (at) https://invisibleworldd.wordpress.com/author/invisibleworldd/
(My) Following the rules:
Display the award. Here’s the Award (image above)
Six (other) bloggers for the award (below). Link the awardees in the post (if I can).
Seven interesting things about me (if there are seven):
1. I am left-handed, like ten percent of the population. It might be more but, you know, we are an oppressed kind. Actually, I heard a talk once about why we live less years than the right-handed. The world is oriented for the right hand, and we thus live in a more dangerous place.
2. I’m freckled. I have come to understand that having freckles is a trend—sometimes good, sometimes bad. I’m stuck with mine. I’m fine with that.
3. I have thought for years, without saying so, that the lead characters in classic Star Trek are allegories of the self. Kirk is energy and command. Spock is mind and strength. McCoy is feeling and creative talent. Put them together, you have the self, pretty much an entire self. Sorry they’re all men.
4. I wrote an article about The Hobbit and medieval literary tradition, which I have only recently found out is cited in books of scholarship. Heavy, expensive, comprehensive books (that probably only a few will buy and fewer will read). Some are older; some are new. But my, oh, my. Surprise me.
5. I like to act. I like to sing. I like to conduct singing.
6. Affirming what others have said, and maybe I have said elsewhere, I write to stay sane.
7. Dragons? An award with a dragon? That’s so cool! Well, fiery cool!
Other dragon-loyalty bloggers? Only six? Okay (and in no particular order–from going through messages in my G-mail):
What the Woman Wrote, https://whatthewomanwrote.wordpress.com/author/anniescribes/
InvisibleWorld (wait, this nomination came from here), https://invisibleworldd.wordpress.com/author/invisibleworldd/
A Reading Writer, https://areadingwritr.wordpress.com/author/rosemawrites/
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO, https://impossiblebebong.wordpress.com/author/impossiblebebong/
Jacki Kellum Juxtapositions, https://jackikellum.wordpress.com/author/jackikellum/
An Offbeat Blue Stocking, https://anoffbeatbluestocking.wordpress.com/author/clairegarcia07/
(Only 100 Words, https://sonyca.wordpress.com/author/sonyca/, has earned the dragon’s loyalty and mine and has been nominated elsewhere.)
Okay, I think I’ve followed the rules or hopefully near enough. Thanks, all, for such good—and, yes, loyal—work! In ancient lore from various places on the earth, the dragon’s loyalty is powerful and unfaltering. Wow! We have dragons on our side!